Sunday 10 September 2017

Campark X20 4K Action Camera With Touch Screen Review

A really great touch screen action camera with a mass of features, I already own a GoPro Hero5 but feel I got sucked in by the name a bit and although it has some nice features it also has some very irritating ones and a lot of design flaws so wanted a more advanced action camera with a touch screen feature along with the ability to have a ultra wide angle, something missing on most budget action cameras and after a lot of searching thought this would be the action camera for me.


It arrived in a Campark branded flip top box opening up to a zip sided case which contained the camera inside it’s waterproof case, a multitude of attachments and fittings and the battery in the bottom section of the case all inserted into cut out foam padding, on the top section of the case behind webbing it had the instruction manual along with some additional fittings. After unpacking everything I fitted the battery into the camera, put it on charge and started to have a read through the manual.

The manual is very clear and easy to follow all being in English and has clear linked diagrams to descriptions of functions, features and uses alongside the operating instructions. I installed the CamKing application to my Android phone as per the instructions at the back of the manual so it was ready to go when I set the camera up.


Once the battery was charged I inserted a micro SD card (not supplied) and turned on the camera, the camera has an onscreen tutorial the first time you switch it on which I found very useful showing the swipe motions, I found the touch screen very responsive and after a bit of messing about getting used to it very easy to navigate and adjust. I then went on to link the camera to the CamKing application which works very well and you are able to adjust many of the settings of the camera from this along with remotely record and take snap shots.


I tried to test the camera with as many different recording situations and settings as I could, I tried it as a dash cam which worked very well and certainly on a par with the dash cam I have fitted in my car, I tested the waterproof case which gave a total seal not letting any water what so ever through the case as you would expect and found the recording quality superb. I tested the slow motion feature on all settings x2 x4 and x8 and this worked very well. I then fitted it to my cycle helmet and went out for my daily ride and was really impressed with the gyro image stabilization and anti-shake functions giving me very clear stable footage. Please note my original video is of high quality but the video quality often degrades considerable when uploaded but hopefully not too much.


I have added some video footage and will also add some pictures showing the camera unpacking, going through the touch screen menu, linking the CamKing application to the camera and going through the menu on that. I then show some footage of testing the waterproof camera case followed by a short clip of my remote control truck doing a simple jump using the slow motion feature to record on x4, finally showing some footage from my cycle ride, unfortunately I was unable to fit the dash cam footage on the video due to the size restraints.

  • 4K Ultra HD Action Camera: Supports 4K, 2K Video and 20MP Photos,7 layer glass lens, Sony image sensor. 170°ultra wide angle, Campark 4K sport camera capture much more high quality pictures and videos.
  • Innovation Touchscreen & Dual Screen: Built-in touchscreen for easy preview and shooting, with the LED front display screen, you can easily know the status(mode/battery Level/lasting time) of your action camera when recording.
  • Wrist 2.4G Remote Control & Build In WIFI: Features 2.4G remote control, easy to control the action camera when hiking,cycling or self recording. allow you preview photo/video in real-time, playback, download and share it to facebook, youtube with phone through App.
  • 30M Waterproof : With IP68 waterproof case which allow you as deep as 30 meters to record the beautiful underwater world, perfect for water sports like diving, swimming, drifting, surfing and more
  • Full pack Accessories & Portable Package: Campark X20 Action Camera supports 64GB Micro SD Card(Class 10 or above card). With tons of accessories for you to attach the camera to helmets, bike, surfboards, cars and other objects easily. Special designed Portable Case easy to carry where you want to go.


What I liked
*************
- Superb quality recording
- Holds up to a 64gb micro SD card, a lot of cameras are limited to 32gb
- Easy to navigate touch screen and swipe menu system on the camera
- Ability to use the camera as a dash cam with full features of a standard dash cam
- The CamKing application works very well and makes it easy to control the camera and settings remotely
- The 170°ultra wide angle works really well
- The front LED displaying mode, battery level and lasting time a very neat and useful addition
- Gyro image stabilization and anti-shake functions work really well
- Nice zip sided case containing a multitude of fixtures and fittings for the camera
- The waterproof case, easy to open and close and works perfectly

What I Didn’t Like
********************
- Not so much as a dislike as something I would have liked as it only states one battery but I would have liked the addition of a spare battery

Summary
**********
Superb camera, I paid an arm and a leg for my GoPro Hero5 but now realise a lot of the cost was paying for the name and for less than half the price this camera with the touch screen and great recording quality along with all the features is a far more useful and practical camera for me, I would certainly recommend it along with giving it full marks. If you have any questions please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer.

Price: £109.99
PRODUCT LINK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members